Marketing automation tools such as HubSpot enable credit unions to automate repetitive tasks, such as email campaigns and social media posts, freeing up staff time for more strategic work. It allows marketers to segment audiences and enables personalized marketing efforts, for more effective campaigns and higher conversion rates. Additionally, marketing automation tools help track and analyze the effectiveness of credit union marketing campaigns, enabling data-driven decisions for continuously improving the marketing strategy.
Credit union marketing automation tactics to acquire new members:
- Email marketing: Automated campaigns to target potential members based on their demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Social media marketing: Automated social media posts and ads to reach a wider audience and target specific demographics.
- Lead generation: Capture leads from their website and social media channels, and then nurture those leads with personalized email campaigns.
- Personalization: Tailor communications with potential members beyond simply using their names in emails, but by tailoring content and offers to their interests.
- Cross-selling and upselling: Identify opportunities to cross-sell or upsell products and services to existing members.
- Retargeting: Use retargeting ads to reach potential members who have previously visited their website or interacted with their brand.
- Segmentation: Segment audiences based on different criteria, such as demographics or behavior, and then target specific segments with custom messaging.
- Recover Abandoned Applications: When an application is abandoned marketing automation triggers messages to the applicant to recover the lead and can signal customer service to contact the applicant for more assistance.
Elevate Credit Union Marketing Calendar Planning
Marketing automation with a CRM like HubSpot exceeds the communication of static messages blasted to everyone on the list. Instead, scheduled promotions can be tailored to different demographics versus one basic offer that goes to everyone.
- Know the demographic of applicants who most commonly apply for personal loans and customize copy to appeal to their needs and time of year (certain holidays increase personal loans for jewelry, for example)
- Track website visits by users in the CRM, and tailor messages for people who view rates for savings products, auto loans, and home loans.
- A CRM allows marketers to exclude contacts to prevent over-communicating. For example, if someone recently applied for a loan, sending another message seems disconnected so excluding them is a more customized experience.
Marketing automation that is part of a CRM, rather than simply an email platform, is a more integrated system. It allows credit unions to tap into their LOS and core systems for full-funnel tracking and robust marketing automation. HubSpot is a CRM for credit unions that delivers results that consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.