About the Role
WebStrategies, Inc., a Hubspot Platinum Partner and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, is growing and we want you to be a part of it. We're looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for inbound marketing and SEO to join our team and create ravings fans of our clients. If you love driving traffic to websites and turning visitors into leads, keep reading. You'll like what you see...
***Note: WebStrategies operates 100% remotely and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We no longer have a physical office and only come together quarterly for in-person retreats in Richmond, VA***
First, Let's Talk Company Culture...
As a 'people first' organization, culture is extremely important to us. We recognize how a toxic culture can create a miserable experience for an employee, so we protect it at all costs.
Our culture is steeped in our core values of GEEAR: Growth, Essentialism, Empathy, Accountability, and Right. Our people are focused on personal and professional growth, they focus on the essentials, they are empathetic towards others, they take accountability and ownership, and they do what's right and in the best interest of our clients.
Our culture is compassionate and team-oriented. We don't tolerate any "throat stomping" or other negative behavior that impacts someone's experience here.
That's why our employees rave about our culture (and we think you will, too).
It's also why our average employee retention of over 5 years is far higher than what you find at most agencies.
Now, onto the role...
What you'll do
- Work directly with WebStrategies team members to develop and execute clients’ SEO campaigns
- Work directly with and support the WebStrategies internal SEO team
- SEO tasks to include:
- SEO research and strategy development
- Onsite SEO implementation
- Site structure/internal link audits
- Local SEO strategy and execution
- Keyword and content topic research
- Link building strategy and execution
- SEO site audit implementation
- Technical site auditing
- Schema development and implementation
- Competitor and SERP analysis & strategy
- Review acquisition
Who You Are
- Someone who has hands-on experience with SEO and enjoys keeping up with trends in the industry
- Someone who loves keeping up with ever-changing SERPs and finding opportunities for our clients to reach buyers
- Someone who gets a thrill seeing a keyword ranking make it to the first page of Google
- Someone who gets excited watching their efforts result in traffic and leads for clients
- Someone who understands how to use data to find insights and create an effective strategy
- Someone who wants to grow their knowledge and experience in SEO
- Someone who is curious and likes finding creative ways to solve problems
Setting Your Up For Success
As an employee-first organization, we want to make sure our team members are set up for success. When you win, everyone wins. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Fully remote office. We don't think you need to be in an office every day to do great work. That said, if you prefer an occasional change of scenery outside of your home office, we will cover some or all of the cost of a co-working membership.
- Group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans at a very low cost
- 401k savings plan with employer match helps you save some for later
- Student loan assistance plan that makes monthly contributions directly to your student loan principal (at no cost to you)
- $1,000 home office allowance to make your home work space perfect for you
- $500 annual education reimbursement
- Unlimited paid time off
- Training - you will be trained and certified on the latest inbound and digital marketing methods and platforms.
- A clear track for career growth, increased responsibilities, and increased compensation.
Why Is This Job Open?
Because we're growing! We just experienced record client growth and need strong new team members to support our new clients.
- 2-4 years hands on experience creating and implementing SEO strategies
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platform
- Hands on experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, SkyFu, Moz, and Searchmetrics.
- Ability to analyze data to drive recommendations and decisions
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Bonus skills you should share with us:
- Experience implementing site schema
- JS, HTML, CSS, other coding experience/fluency
- Experience with review acquisition campaigns
- Experience with link building outreach and acquisition
- Experience with video and/or Youtube SEO
- Experience with Local Businesses/Google Business Profile (GMB)
- Experience working with B2B
How to stand out
We'd love to know what types of influencers or publications you follow to improve yourself as a professional, marketer, or person. Similarly, case studies, side projects, or freelance work that demonstrates your passion for the space. If you'd like to stand out from the other applications, send Chris Leone some examples directly.
Base: $50,000 - $65,000 annually
Other Bonus Opportunities: $4,000 - $6,000 annually
A little more about us...
We were voted one of the Top Places to Work in Virginia and one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Richmond each of the last four years. And while those are nice, we believe our best days are still ahead of us, and we want you to be a part of that journey. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you.
Like what you're reading?
Email Chris Leone your resume and a message on why you think you’re a match.
We can't wait to hear from you.