About the Role
WebStrategies, Inc., a Hubspot Platinum Partner and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, is growing and we want you to be a part of it. We're looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for telling stories with data.
If you love capturing data and turning it into actionable insights, keep reading. You'll like what you see...
***Note: WebStrategies is currently operating 100% virtually and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Remote applicants encouraged to apply.***
What you'll do
- Use Google Data Studio to build attractive reports for our clients
- Dive deep into Google Analytics to find actionable user insights
- Help implement and manage user tracking in Google Tag Manager
Who You Are
- Someone who loves bringing data together and turning it into actionable insights
- Someone who loves working deep within online tools such as Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager
- Someone who wants to further their knowledge and experience in data science and advanced data analysis platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
What You'll Get And Who You'll Work With
- The opportunity to run a new department focused on analytics and data, with the future possibility of running an analytics team
- A digitally-obsessed team in which you learn from professionals in one of the top online marketing teams in the area.
- A positive, healthy company culture steeped in our core values of Growth, Empathy, Essentialism, Accountability, and (doing what's) Right. We call it "GEEAR."
- Working for a growing agency voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Working for a Google Partner and Hubspot Platinum Partner
Setting You Up For Success
As an employee-first organization, we want to make sure our team members are set up for success. When you win, everyone wins. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home policy. While we have a physical office in Midlothian and meet together regularly (during non-pandemic times), you are not required to come in every day. Most employees split their time between their home office and our office. It's your choice.
- Group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans at a very low cost
- 401k savings plan with employer match helps you save some for later
- Student loan assistance plan that makes monthly contributions directly to your student loan principal (at no cost to you)
- $1000 home office allowance to make your home work space perfect for you
- Unlimited paid time off
- Training - you will be trained and certified on the latest inbound and digital marketing methods and platforms.
- A clear track for career growth, increased responsibilities, and increased compensation.
How Has WebStrategies Fared During Covid?
We get asked this question a lot, and understandably so. Changing jobs during uncertain times takes some courage, but rest assured you are making a safe bet choosing to join WebStrategies. Here's why...
- We still managed to grow in 2020. In fact, our client retention IMPROVED during Covid-19
- We never laid off a single employee due to the impact of Covid-19 on our business
- We are experiencing record growth in 2021, largely due to the extraordinary efforts of our team members in 2020 to retain customers, build trust, and grow our reputation in the marketplace.
- Experience creating data visualizations
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Google Data Studio (or similar data visualization tool)
- Beginner to Intermediate experience with Google Tag Manager
- Intermediate to advanced experience with
Google Analytics or other web analytics platform
- Basic knowledge of knowledge of cloud-based data warehouse solutions a plus
- Hands-on experience with Hubspot or a similar marketing automation/CRM platform
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, SpyFu, Moz, and Searchmetrics a plus
- Ability to analyze data to drive recommendations and decisions
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
How to stand out
Remember what we said about being digitally obsessed? We're not kidding. We once hired someone based on their YouTube channel. We'd love to see any side projects that prove you enjoy the work. If you submit your application and don't include examples or acknowledge a lack of them, we'll just assume you didn't read this far into the job description. Don't have anything to share? We'd still like to hear from you.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, which we'll share with you during the interview process.
A little more about us...
We were voted one of the Top Places to Work in Virginia and one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Richmond each of the last four years. And while those are nice, we believe our best days are still ahead of us, and we want you to be a part of that journey. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you.
Like what you're reading?
Email Chris Leone your resume and a message on why you think you’re a match.
We can't wait to hear from you.