About the Role
WebStrategies, Inc., a Hubspot Platinum Partner and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, is growing and we want you to be a part of it. We're looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for solving business problems to join our team and create ravings fans of our clients. If you love consulting and working with business owners, CEOs and chief sales and marketing leaders, keep reading. We think you'll like what you see...
***Note: WebStrategies is currently operating 100% virtually and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. You will not be required to come into the office until deemed safe to do so.***
What you'll do
- Work with leaders, via zoom calls, in specific vertical industries to uncover their sales and marketing challenges, and determine how digital marketing can solve those problems
- Participate in research that provides insights to prospective clients and helps to reveal how the right digital marketing activities can help companies grow.
- Develop and present ideas and proposals to implement digital marketing plans for prospective clients
- Prospect by phone, email and LinkedIn to identify and nurture qualified prospects that would benefit from an effective digital marketing plan
- Create ravings fans. You thrive on cultivating meaningful relationships with others.
- Collaborate with other team members about what are the best marketing strategies, clients and sales processes for the company
- Stay abreast of inbound marketing developments and make appropriate recommendations to team members and clients.
Who You Are
- Someone who is driven, competitive and has a high sense of urgency.
- Someone who genuinely cares about clients and team members, who displays a positive and optimistic view, and who can rebound from the inevitable setbacks experienced in a sales role.
- Someone who gets energy from being around others, and able to learn by sharing experiences with peers.
- Someone who is not adverse to data and numbers. Most of what we do is highly trackable and reportable. You need to be comfortable communicating what the data means and how it will drive our strategy.
- Someone who wants to grow their knowledge and experience around business consulting, solving business problems and the digital marketing space.
- Results oriented. You don’t lose sight of the end game.
Who You'll Work With
- A digitally-obsessed team in which you learn from professionals in one of the top online marketing teams in the area.
- A positive, healthy company culture steeped in our core values of Growth, Empathy, Essentialism, Accountability, and (doing what's) Right. We call it "GEEAR."
- Working for a growing agency voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Working for a Google Partner and Hubspot Platinum Partner
Setting You Up For Success
As an employee-first organization, we want to make sure our team members are set up for success. When you win, everyone wins. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home policy. While we have a physical office in Midlothian and meet together regularly (during non-pandemic times), you are not required to come in every day. Most employees split their time between their home office and our office. It's your choice.
- Group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans at a very low cost
- 401k savings plan with employer match helps you save some for later
- Student loan assistance plan that makes monthly contributions directly to your student loan principal (at no cost to you)
- $1000 home office allowance to make your home work space perfect for you
- Unlimited paid time off
- Training - you will be trained and certified on the latest inbound and digital marketing methods and platforms.
- A clear track for career growth, increased responsibilities, and increased compensation.
How Has WebStrategies Fared During Covid?
We get asked this question a lot, and understandably so. Changing jobs during uncertain times takes some courage, but rest assured you are making a safe bet choosing to join WebStrategies. Here's why...
- We still managed to grow in 2020. In fact, our client retention IMPROVED during Covid-19
- We never laid off a single employee due to the impact of Covid-19 on our business
- We are experiencing record growth in 2021, largely due to the extraordinary efforts of our team members in 2020 to retain customers, build trust, and grow our reputation in the marketplace.
Why Is This Job Open?
Because we want to keep growing, and to achieve those long-term growth goals, we need more talented and driven sales people to make it a reality. You'll work within a sophisticated and contemporary sales organization and be taught by the best.
What's The WebStrategies Culture Like?
As a 'people first' organization, culture is extremely important to us. We recognize how a toxic culture can create a miserable experience for an employee, so we protect it at all costs.
Our culture is steeped in our core values of GEEAR: Growth, Essentialism, Empathy, Accountability, and Right. Our people are focused on personal and professional growth, they focus on the essentials, they are empathetic towards others, they take accountability and ownership, and they do what's right and in the best interest of our clients.
Our culture is compassionate and team-oriented. We don't tolerate any "throat stomping" or other negative behavior that impacts someone's experience here.
That's why our employees rave about our culture 👇👇👇
- At least 2 years of success advising and selling into the B2B space. Those with experience in professional services selling succeed far faster than those with experience in a transactional sales environment. We provide long-term, strategic business solutions, not one-time products and services.
- Experience in a marketing agency or other professional services type firm is desired but not necessarily required.
- Success at prospecting into a target market to fill your sales pipeline
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
How to stand out
We want to know what types of influencers or publications you follow to improve yourself as a professional, marketer, or person. If you submit your application and don't include examples or acknowledge a lack of them, we'll just assume you didn't read this far into the job description (p.s. this is a great way not to stand out).
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package, which we'll share with you during the interview process.
A little more about us...
We were voted one of the Top Places to Work in Virginia and one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Richmond each of the last four years. And while those are nice, we believe our best days are still ahead of us, and we want you to be a part of that journey. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you.
Like what you're reading?
Email Neal Lappe your resume and a message on why you think you’re a match.
We can't wait to hear from you.