About the Role
WebStrategies, Inc., a Hubspot Platinum Partner and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, is growing and we want you to be a part of it. We're looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for content marketing to join our team and create ravings fans of our clients. If you love driving traffic to websites and turning visitors into leads, keep reading. You'll like what you see...
***Note: WebStrategies operates 100% remotely and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We no longer have a physical office and only come together quarterly for in-person retreats in Richmond, VA***
First, Let's Talk Company Culture...
As a 'people first' organization, culture is extremely important to us. We recognize how a toxic culture can create a miserable experience for an employee, so we protect it at all costs.
Our culture is steeped in our core values of GEEAR: Growth, Essentialism, Empathy, Accountability, and Right. Our people are focused on personal and professional growth, they focus on the essentials, they are empathetic towards others, they take accountability and ownership, and they do what's right and in the best interest of our clients.
Our culture is compassionate and team-oriented. We don't tolerate any "throat stomping" or other negative behavior that impacts someone's experience here.
That's why our employees rave about our culture (and we think you will, too).
It's also why our average employee retention of over 5 years is far higher than what you find at most agencies.
Now, onto the role...
What you'll do
- Work directly with WebStrategies team members to develop and execute clients’ content marketing campaigns
- Work directly with and support the WebStrategies internal inbound team members
- Execute content optimization tactics to drive clients' rankings in the major search engines
- Tasks include:
- Keyword and content topic research
- Building content plans for clients in a variety of industries
- User experience optimization (UX)
- Competitive research
- Site auditing & analysis
Who You Are
- Someone who loves content marketing and how it can help businesses. We emphasize driving measurable results for our clients and we use inbound marketing to help do that.
- Someone who thrives on the written word and how to make it accomplish a strategic goal
- Someone who loves finding ways to grab an audience's attention through content
- Someone who gets a thrill seeing a keyword or blog post make it to the top of Google
- Someone who gets excited watching their rankings result in traffic and leads for clients
- Someone who enjoys exploring websites to find opportunities for improvement
- Someone who understands how to use data to find insights and create an effective strategy.
- Someone who wants to grow their knowledge and experience of inbound marketing.
Setting Your Up For Success
As an employee-first organization, we want to make sure our team members are set up for success. When you win, everyone wins. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Fully remote office. We don't think you need to be in an office every day to do great work. That said, if you prefer an occasional change of scenery outside of your home office, we will cover some or all of the cost of a co-working membership.
- Group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans at a very low cost
- 401k savings plan with employer match helps you save some for later
- Student loan assistance plan that makes monthly contributions directly to your student loan principal (at no cost to you)
- $1,000 home office allowance to make your home work space perfect for you
- $500 annual education reimbursement
- Unlimited paid time off
- Training - you will be trained and certified on the latest inbound and digital marketing methods and platforms.
- A clear track for career growth, increased responsibilities, and increased compensation.
Why Is This Job Open?
Because we're growing! We just experienced record client growth and need strong new team members to support our new clients.
- 2-4 years hands on experience creating and implementing SEO and/or inbound marketing strategies
- Superior writing skills
- Creative writing experience
- A strong understanding for getting inside the mind of the customer
- The ability to perform online and competitive research
- Hands-on experience with Hubspot or a similar platform
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platform
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, SpyFu, Moz, and Searchmetrics a plus
- HTML experience for making onpage changes a plus
- Ability to analyze data to drive recommendations and decisions
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
How to stand out
Remember what we said about being digitally obsessed? We're not kidding. We once hired someone based on their YouTube channel. We'd love to see any side projects that prove you enjoy the work. If you submit your application and don't include examples or acknowledge a lack of them, we'll just assume you didn't read this far into the job description. Don't have anything to share? We'd still like to hear from you.
Base: $50,000 - $65,000 annually
Other Bonus Opportunities: $4,000 - $6,000 annually
A little more about us...
We were voted one of the Top Places to Work in Virginia and one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Richmond each of the last five years. And while those are nice, we believe our best days are still ahead of us, and we want you to be a part of that journey. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you.
Like what you're reading?
Email Chris Leone your resume and a message on why you think you’re a match.
We can't wait to hear from you.